Services & Products
OUR STUDIES ARE PROOF FOR THESE PRODUCTS
- KJ Scientific provides contract studies to screen chemicals for bioaccumulation potential utilizing the in vitro metabolism assay with trout liver S9 sub-cellular fractions (Johanning et al, 2012) and cryopreserved hepatocytes (Fay et al., 2015).
- Metabolic rates of compounds under study are obtained and BCF (Bioconcentration Factor) determined utilizing the latest modified in vitro to in vivo extrapolation model (Nichols et al, 2013)
- These studies are conducted in the Spirit of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- KJ Scientific provides tailored contract services and helps determine bioaccumulation potential using new technology, to comply with safety regulatory measures under REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restrictions of Chemicals).
- The contract studies utilize our own products, trout liver S9 fractions, and cryopreserved hepatocytes.
- At KJ Scientific we can conduct full studies (metabolism experiments and chemical analyses) for you, or analyze the samples of your metabolism studies.
- Coming soon, we will offer:
- Contract studies under GLP Compliance.
- Metabolite identification.
- Trout Liver S9 kits.
- Contract studies utilizing hepatocytes from other species for comparative metabolic rate determination.
We are the best source in the world for trout liver sub-cellular fractions and cryopreserved hepatocytes from reliable trout strains.
- Liver S9 sub cellular fraction (trout).
- Liver Microsomes (trout).
- Cryopreserved hepatocytes (trout).
- Coming soon, liver S9 fractions from other cold and warm water fish species.